E-commerce, also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, and the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions. Ecommerce is often used to refer to the sale of physical products online, but it can also describe any kind of commercial transaction that is facilitated through the internet.
Whereas e-business refers to all aspects of operating an online business, ecommerce refers specifically to the transaction of goods and services.
Advantages of e-commerce website
- Gain New Customers with Search Engine Visibility
- One of the most tangible positives of e-commerce is the lowered cost
- Locate the Product Quicker
- Eliminate Travel Time and Cost
- Provide Comparison Shopping
- Enable Deals, Bargains, Coupons, and Group Buying
- Create Targeted Communication